Julie Storing, 858-534-4185, Structural and Materials Engineering Building (SME) 340B
Student Affairs Manager
Sandra de Sousa, 858-822-1421 Structural and Materials Engineering Building (SME) 340A
Current and prospective students may visit the graduate academic advisor during walk-in hours or by appointment. The Graduate Advisor is located in the Structural and Materials Engineering Building (SME) on the third floor in 340B.
Monday & Tuesday: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Thursday & Friday: 9:00 - 11:30 am
Walk-In Advising Policies:
- Hours are subject to change. Please refer to the live calendar (below) to confirm advising is open.
- The last sign-in for morning advising is at 11:30am; the last sign-in for an afternoon session is at 3:00pm.
- Walk-in sessions are on a first come, first served basis.
- Sign in using the computer in the front lobby and wait for an advisor to call you.
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 9:00 - 11:30 am
Thursday & Friday: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Appointments must be requested at least TWO business days in advance.
- We do not schedule same-day appointments.
- The last appointment of the morning is 11-11:30 am, and afternoon is 2:30-3:00 pm.
- Besides a confirmation email, no reminder emails will be sent.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will need to submit a new request to reschedule your appointment.
- If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by sending us a message via the VAC.
- We may need to reschedule your appointment in the event of an emergency. Always check your UCSD email before heading to your advising appointment.
How to schedule an appointment:
- Check the advising calendar (below) for availability.
- Submit your appointment request using this google form.
- Await confirmation.
- UNDERGRADUATE Advisor's unavailable appointments slots: Orange
- GRADUATE Advisor's unavailable appointments slots: Pink