The John M. Stutz Memorial Scholarship awards an annual $3K scholarship each year to an outstanding UCSD Structural Engineering student who has demonstrated aptitude and interest in the area of steel reinforced concrete.
Please see the criteria below.
The candidate we select must meet all of the following criteria.
- Must be enrolled in the UCSD SE undergraduate program
- Must have senior standing for the 2020-21 academic year (this includes transfers in their 2nd year)
- U.S. citizen or Canadian citizen
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Express interest in pursuing a graduate degree in or related to Structural Engineering
- Express career interests related to steel reinforced concrete
If you would like to be considered please do the following:
- Complete the attached application following these directions:
- Fully complete page 1
- For work experience submit a resume with your application instead of completing that portion of the application
- For references list one UCSD faculty member that if needed, could potentially write a letter of recommendation for you (no need to request the letter at this time, just include the faculty name
- Sign and date
- Include your resume
- Include a cover letter of approximately 250 words, giving career interests, personal objectives, a statement expressing the Applicant's interest in the reinforced concrete industry, a statement of professional goals following graduation, and any other information that would give further insight into the Applicant's aptitude.
Applications for the 20-21 scholarship are now closed.